If you’re looking for a fun alternative to treat your kids (or yourself) then my Jumbo Ice Cream Sandwiches, they are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
Jumbo Ice Cream Sandwiches
Time 30 mins | Makes 4
- 2 cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Nut Butter
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
Nutty Caramel Banana Ice Cream
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked in boiling water for 20 mins)
- 3 – 4 chopped Frozen Bananas
- 1 tbsp Maca Powder (this adds the caramel flavour)
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter (or Nut Butter)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp any Vegan Milk (I used almond milk)
First preheat the oven to 190°C.
Start by adding the Oats and Sugar to a food processor and blend till fine. Next add in the Bi-Carb, Coconut Oil, Nut Butter and Flax and blend to combine. At this stage you can add in anything else you like (like choc bits etc.).
To make the cookies, take large spoonfuls of the mixture and squeeze into a ball then press into a large cookie shape on a lined baking tray. Repeat with all the mixture, it should make 8 cookies. bake in the oven for 10 mins. Once done leave to cool completely.
Now to make the Ice Cream, add all the ingredients to a blender and combine till creamy. Once blended leave in the freezer until needed.
Now for the fun part, to assemble the Ice Cream Sandwiches take one cookie, spread some ice cream on top and top with another cookie. Done!