A combination of two of Simran’s favourite desserts, made dairy-free and healthier!
Tiramisu Brownie Cake
Time 60 mins | Serves 9 – 12
- 1 cup Coffee (1 tbsp Coffee Powder mixed with 1 cups Boiling Water)
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews (soaked in boiling water for 20 mins and drained)
- 1/2 cup Coffee (1/2 tbsp Coffee Powder mixed with 1/2 cups Boiling Water)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (melted in 2 tbsp Boiling Water)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 can of Coconut Cream (cooled in the fridge – using just the hard part)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 4 tsp Coffee (reserved from filling – see method below)
First preheat the oven to 180°C.
First make the base. Combine all the dry ingredients together then add in the wet ingredients. Finally mix in the chopped Chocolate. Put into a rectangular pan and bake for 20 mins. Once cooked leave it to slightly cool.
To make the filling blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Once the base has cooked and cooled slightly spread this mixture evenly over the top and leave in the freezer till firm.
Finally to make the topping combine all the ingredients together with a whisk until soft peaks form.
Once the cake has set spread the topping over the top and top with shaved dark chocolate and cinnamon/nutmeg if you like. Finish off by leaving it to set in the fridge then cut into squares and serve.