The best Vegan Gluten Free Cheesecake! Susie discovers that Cheesecake can be both Vegan & Gluten Free!
Choc Lemon Cheesecake
Time 40 mins | Serves 8 – 10
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 – 15 mins and drained)
- 2 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Nut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews (soaked in boiling water for 15 mins and drained)
- 1/2 cup melted Cacao Butter
- 3 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of 2 med Lemons
- 1 quantity of Raw Vegan Handmade Chocolate
First, to make the Base simply blend all the ingredients together and press into a lined tin. Then leave the base to chill in the freezer while you make the next parts.
Next make the Lemon Part by again simply blending all the ingredients together in a blender and leave this mixture to chill in the freezer for a few minutes.
To make the Chocolate Part simply follow the recipe for 1 quantity of Raw Vegan handmade Chocolate (leaving out the flavourings from that recipe).
To put it all together, pour the Lemon filling onto the base and swirl the chocolate mixture in (enough to create a marbled effect). Decorate with some more Nutmeg, and Lemon zest and leave to set in the freezer till firm.