A healthier Vegan version of a traditional favourite. Rohan demonstrates one of his favourite Christmas treats inspired by his fond memories of his Grandpa’s Christmas Pudding.
Vegan Christmas Pudding
Time 80 – 90 mins | Serves 8 – 10
- 4 cups chopped Dried Fruit
- 2 cups Fruit Juice/Water/Whiskey
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp each Ginger Powder, Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each Cloves, Cardamom, Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups any Flour
- 2 tbsp Flaxmeal mixed with 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp each Baking Powder, Baking Soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped Nuts
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped Dark Chocolate (optional)
First preheat the oven to 160°C.
Start by combining the fruit and juice/whiskey in a pan with the zest and spices. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins. Cool, then stir in the remaining ingredients to make a sticky batter.
Put the mixture into a greased pudding tin with a lid. Bake for 50 – 60 mins. Cool and turnout when ready. Can be kept in a container in the fridge.