- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 black tea or chai tea bags (or 2tb loose leaf tea)
- 1 piece of cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamon pods
- 5 cloves
- A little piece of grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 tb instant espresso coffee powder (quantity can be adjusted to taste)
- 2tsp – 1tb coconut sugar or maple syrup (quantity can be adjusted to taste)
- 2 cups almond milk – Barista blend is best for creamier results
Mix together all the spices, coffee powder and sugar. Add tea bags and pour on the boiling water then leave to steep and cool. (This mixture can be kept in the fridge till needed – after a few hours remove teabags and spices then keep the liquid in the fridge).
When read to make a drink pour the required amount into a glass, add ice and top with almond milk – for a cold drink. For a hot drink, add milk and some more boiling water.
For an extra treat – top drinks with whipped coconut cream flavoured with cinnamon and a little vanilla and maple syrup, or top with your favourite vegan ice cream!