(This recipe makes about 2 & 1/2 – 3 cups, so halve the recipe for a smaller quantity)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tb coconut syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
- 1 & 1/2 tb espresso powder (to taste)
- 1/4 cup whiskey (to taste)
- 2 cups chopped dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Whisk together all ingredients in a pan (except chocolate). Add the chopped chocolate and heat gently on a low heat, stirring till melted and smooth. Pour into a serving bowl and serve with sweet kebabs or other items of choice.
*Fondues are usually served warm but this one can be served at room temperature too. This can also be made in advance and stored in the fridge (where it will firm up), and can be gently reheated before serving.*
*Leftovers – store in fridge, can reheat and use as choc sauce for ice cream or other desserts. Or, whip in a cold can of coconut cream (use hard part not water) & it will make a delicious choc mousse!*
- Any fruit of choice in bite sized pieces eg: banana, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, mango, melon, figs, papaya ect!
- Pieces of brownies, cake ect cut into bite sized pieces
Thread the fruit and cake onto small skewers. You can place these in the freezer 10-20mins before serving so the chocolate fondue sauce will adhere to them straight away!