- 1/3 cup aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1/4 tsp xanthin gum
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Anzac Biscuit Base:
- 1 cup of a mixture of crushed nuts, oats and desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1 + 1/2 – 2 tsp coconut oil
- Whipped coconut cream flavoured with a little maple syrup & vanilla
- Fresh fruit of choice eg: strawberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit
For Biscuit Base:
Combine all ingredients to form a crumbly mixture.
Whip together the aquafaba, vanilla and xanthin gum in an electric mixture until it’s frothy and starting to form soft peaks, then slowly add the syrup while beating. Continue to beat until the mixture is holding soft peaks.
Place spoonfuls of biscuit mixture in small circles on baking paper and pipe the meringue onto them so one layer covers the biscuit base, then pipe around the edges of the circle on top of previous layer to from a nest shape (see above for video demonstration).
Place them in the freezer for at least 45mins to 1hour to firm up – this creates the marshmallow like texture. These can be left in freezer for several hours or even overnight as they will not set too hard, but it’s best on the day it’s made.
When ready to serve, remove from freezer and fill with whipped coconut cream then decorate with fresh fruit. Dust with cinnamon, nutmeg or grated chocolate if liked!