- 9-10 cups of leftover cake – crumbled (preferable chocolate), Or make my chocolate sponge recipe and use all of that
- 90g (about 3/4 cup) chocolate pieces (dark)
- 1 cup almond milk
Place chocolate pieces and almond milk in a pan and heat on medium/low heat stirring now and then till melted. Blend this mixture with the cake crumbs to form a sticky dough. Press into a large rectangular tin lined with baking paper and set aside while making filling.
- 1 + 1/2 cups cashews – soaked in boiling water 15-30mins and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup mint leaves (works best if they are frozen)
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- about 1/4 cup freeze dried berries crushed a little
Blend filling ingredients till smooth then cool in fridge until thickening. Next spread onto the cake in the tin and sprinkle with the berries. Roll up the cake using the paper to help, then place in fridge to firm up.
- 1 cup cacao butter melted
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 + 1/2 – 2 tb cacao powder
- 1/4 cup powdered coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
Blend altogether and cool till thickening a little. When cake is set and firm, remove paper and spread on the topping to give a log like appearance. Can sprinkle with more freeze dried berries and chocolate shavings (store in fridge).